For optimal viewing, access the tool below on a desktop.
Marsh Wortham: Insurance Partner to the Energy Industry
Our clients represent every segment of the energy industry:
- Exploration and production (operators and non-operators).
- Drilling contractors.
- Well service contractors.
- Integrated energy companies.
- Pipeline companies (operators and non-operators).
- Terminal operators.
- Midstream operations, including gas processing and storage.
- Independent power producers.
- Gas and electric utilities.
- Vessel operations.
- Explosive operations.
- Chemical manufacturers.
Visit Marsh Energy & Power
We develop comprehensive insurance programs and risk management solutions for energy companies of every size. Our client base spans the full range of energy operations, including upstream, midstream, and downstream, along with oilfield services. We serve clients engaged in virtually all oil and gas regions around the world.
Marsh Wortham has established substantial technical and marketing depth in our energy practice, which includes seasoned energy specialists in all of our offices. Our account teams bring experience in both soft and hard insurance market cycles. We draw on our long history in working closely with global insurance and underwriting markets to structure the right marketing strategies and placements to meet each client's unique requirements.
To support our clients' growth plans, Marsh Wortham account teams assist energy companies during mergers and acquisitions by identifying, modifying, and renegotiating insurance programs to deliver innovative and cost-effective solutions. Our staff also manages foreign insurance requirements and places admitted insurance programs for local mandates.
At Marsh Wortham, we work in tandem with our clients to understand their insurance and risk management needs and identify a range of products to fit their requirements. Coverages and services provided to our energy clients include:
- Rig physical damage.
- Offshore property.
- Onshore property.
- Contractor's equipment.
- Business interruption, loss of production, loss of hire.
- Workers’ compensation and employers liability.
- Automobile liability.
- General liability.
- Excess liability/umbrella.
Operator's extra expense and contingent operator’s extra expense:
- For blowout, redrill, and pollution.
- Including care, custody, and control.
- Builder's risk (onshore and offshore).
- Delay in startup/hot testing/defects coverage.
- Project cargo, including delay in startup.
- Owner controlled insurance program (OCIP).
- Hull and machinery.
- Protection and indemnity.
- Cargo and stock throughput.
- Inland marine.
- Other marine liabilities, such as stevedores and wharfingers liability.
- Maritime employers liability, including Jones Act.
- Directors and officers liability.
- Fiduciary liability.
- General partnership liability.
- Employment practices liability.
- Crime, including cybercrime.
- Kidnap and ransom.